Thursday, June 12, 2008

100 for 100: Day 18

Fruity day!

I totally neglected my greens today, but I will pay homage to the gods of spinach and chard tomorrow.

This morning, I weighed in at 253.5. That is .5 pounds down from yesterday. Go me!

For breakfast, I ate a mixture of cherries and strawberries. I needed to shop, so I was just picking off the ends of my fantastic fruits.

Strawberries - 260 grams, 83.2 calories, .8 grams fat, 1.7 grams protein
Cherries - 236 grams, 148.7 calories, .5 grams fat, 2.5 grams protein

After getting the wonder that is Ester McGester to school, I went shopping. I felt so empowered - I only shopped in the produce section! Well, I had to get Ester suntan lotion for school but that so doesn't count.

I came home, ate my pineapple lunch outside while reading my 80-10-10 book. I sat next to my big, big garden. What a really nice treat!

Pineapple - 680 grams, .8 grams fat, 3.7 grams protein

Afterwards, I had Aileen's PPT. Let me tell you, it is annoying as hell to tell these people how to do their jobs. They have the misfortune of dealing with someone that has had 4 years SPED experience at the high school level. I think she'll be okay for fall, but I'm not totally thrilled with the program she will be participating in. I would love to see her interact more with like-age peers. However, I am quite proud of the effort she's put in to studying and practicing for her finals and also happy that I was able to advocate for her today. I turn into such a nasty bitch when people are mistreating my children.

SPEAKING OF MISTREATING MY CHILDREN.

So, at dinner, Ester tells me that she was misbehaving at lunch. Her teacher made her sit on the foor, cross-legged and facing the wall, with her arms out and her hands placed against the wall. WTF? We're going to have a talkie talk tomorrow, for serious. That just seems a little inappropriate. Just a tad.

So, Aileen's PPT lasted quite a while and, after coming home and talking to Jeremy a while, I took a nap. I really need to stop taking naps, but gosh I love them.

I got up, hung out with Aileen, prepared dinner, hung out with the family. You know, the usual. I like the usual. For dinner, I made an awesome smoothie. This was my first pure fruit smoothie!

Fruit Smoothie:
Watermelon - 812 grams, 243.6 calories, 1.2 grams fat, 5 grams protein
Mango - 300 grams, 195 calories, .8 grams fat, 1.5 grams protein
Strawberries - 546 grams, 174.7 calories, 1.6 grams fat, 3.7 grams protein

Holy crap, it was so good! Of course, it lasted me all night. My original intention was to suck it down before and during dinner, then drink a green smoothie at night. Whoops?

Totals - 1172 calories, 6 grams fat, 18 grams protein
80/10/10 - 91/4/5 WOO!

I watched So You Think You Can Dance tonight, and the results pissed me off. I liked Ravyn. :(

Anyways, I'm rushing this along so I can scoot to bed. See you guys tomorrow. It will be a chlorophyll-filled day!

<3,
Sarah

1 comment:

badash said...

I've been struggling to include greens.... if you know any good salad suggestions, please tell me - i neeeeed some leafy stuff for nutrients!

Ive been 100% fruitarian for like... the last week... and i need salad! lol

by the way, that teacher is crazy!