Thursday, June 5, 2008

100 for 100: Day 11

Ester had an appointment today, so I took the opportunity to ask Jeremy to take her in to school while I lounged around. Oooh, and lounge around I did! Her appointment was not until 11, and I swear I did not get out of bed until 9:30.

An aside: It feels really weird to consider 9:30 as an extremely late time to get out of bed.

I weighed 256 this morning, which is .5 pounds up from yesterday. I think I am going to change my eating habits and eat fruits and smoothies all day and a heavier meal at night because I, ahem, am not eliminating like I should. I am usually only going once a day, and it should be much more than that. Someday when I have a bit of spare coinage laying about, I will go for colonics, but until then, me and my fruit smoothies will be people!

For breakfast, I had me some oranges. I friggin' love oranges.

Oranges - 360 grams, 169.2 calories, .4 grams fat, 3.4 grams protein

After breakfast, I picked Ester up from school and took her to her appointment. Let me tell you, she was a ROCKSTAR. I am always so proud of my daughter. She was beautifully polite to the attending nurse and doctor, and remained calm during her iron blood test. She does need a bit more iron - and get this! The multivitamin that I give her every morning does NOT have iron! Wtf, fail. :(

I ran into another interesting problem during the appointment. Ester was getting understandably anxious about getting her blood drawn and, in the typical mother fashion, I wanted to offer something to bargain with her for good behavior. Of course - my first choice, my second choice, and my third choice were all food! I found myself stumbling over my words, because I did NOT want to offer her icecream or anything else equally ridiculous. Instead, I reassured her and told her that, sometimes, life sucks. The little shot was going to hurt, but it would feel better later. I also promised her that she could cradle that poor finger while we watched the Bee Movie, snuggled up on the couch. :)

For lunch, I made myself another wrap. 1) I love these. 2) I hate to be wasteful, so I want to use up the Ezekiel Tortillas before they go bad.

Nummy Avocado Wrap:

Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Tortilla - 57 grams, 85.5 calories, 2 grams fat, 3.4 grams protein
Spinach - 40 grams, 9.2 calories, .2 grams fat, 1.1 grams protein
Avocado - 136 grams, 217.6 calories, 19.9 grams fat, 2.7 grams protein
Tomato - 148 grams, 26.6 calories, .3 grams fat, 1.3 grams protein
Mint and Red Pepper to spice. MMM.

Ester and I laid down for a nap and we, well, slept. I don't know why I slept, but whatever. Apparently we needed it! I woke up about an hour later, but stayed with Ester because - well, these times are precious. She's going to be attending kindergarten this fall, and I don't get these opportunities very often. Also, we will be finding out soon enough if she's going back to her biological father. June 12th will be our 2 year anniversary of having her in our lives, and it would suck if she went back, but them's the breaks for foster families. So neener, I'll snuggle her all the heck I wanna!

Jeremy stopped by Wal-Mart (boo!), and picked up - I am not lying - HOTDOGS, CRAP IN A CAN CHILI, GROSS HOT DOG BUNS, AND FAKE FLAVORED FRENCH FRIES. He is so fired. Ester and Aileen enjoyed their supper well enough, but gosh, it was hard to watch them eat that crap. Speaking of crap, I wanted to get some out so I ate a fruit monomeal of cherries.

Cherries - 524 grams, 330.1 calories, 1 gram fat, 5.6 grams protein

Daily Totals - 838 calories, 24 grams fat, 18 grams protein

I really want to get my fat down a bit, but heck - I love avocados. I think I'm just going to get eating them every single day until I don't want them anymore. :-D

Ester and I organized her room tonight and we all watched So You Think You Can Dance. I was so disappointed that my Gene Kelly dude got voted off. I really like him! Ah well, I'm still not as excited for this season as I was for last season. I will still watch it faithfully, though, because it is uber.

Peace, people!

1 comment:

badash said...

Man i need to start reading your blog more - its interesting!

Sleeping in is always nice!!!

Isn't it amazing how we see those foods in absolute DISGUST now!? as least i do.

oh oh question - when you go to the store, are you ever appalled at what you see in other people's shopping carts???? I know I am.

Oh, America!




Okay so have you heard of the 80/10/10 diet? I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU BUY THE BOOK! My copy arrived today and I haven't read it all yet, but I have read a little and its ALREADY worth it!!!


as far as avocados go, I TOTALLY FEEL YA. THEY ARE SOOOOOOO GOOD!!! It's hard to stay away from them!

Even though I know they are really high in fat, I still find myself buying and cutting them. We need to limit ourselves to a certain amount a week. I'm gonna say 3-4 a week. (right now i eat 1 a day)

keep up the good work!