Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The prettiest chili I ever did see.

You get what you ask for, don't ya know?

Intentions are so powerful.

Yesterday, I was hyperanxious about today. How silly, because today wasn't here yet! However, I was so lost in what was GOING to happen that it totally mussed up what WAS happening: I didn't sleep a wink last night.

So, of course, I was tired.

I got up nice and early and made my first juice: cucumber-carrot-parsley-apple. I put the whole bunch of parsley in, and wow - parsley is strong! It also tends to glop up in carrot-apple juice, according to a response I received on GI2MR. I am not a fan of the glop. It's a little awkward. Admittedly, I am not a fan of the stronger tasting greens, so this could be influencing my glop dislike.

Maybe.

I asked my child(ren - my godson is visiting for a week and a half!) to stay in their rooms and play while I drank my juice. This was a bit of respite in my storm of craziness. As a mother, it is hard to admit that we need space from our children, but it is so necessary.

I had an appointment at 9. A 'walk through' by the Department of Children and Families, so Ester's biological brother, José, can come live with us. I assumed it'd be, you know, a walk through - hi, this is my kitchen, this is my hallway, we pee here, José will be sleeping here.

Oh, no no. I set out intentions that today would be the worst day ever, remember?

The very nice worker proceeded to ask me the nitty gritties about the most difficult times of my life. I've had my share of fun traumas, yo. This was NOT fun. I started crying - one part nervousness, two parts bad memories. The very nice worker was very kind, but still.

We had another home visit from a different agency. That went well, but gosh, my breath was still stinky!

I made another juice - watermelon, honeydew melon, and cucumber - HOLY MACKEREL! (My godson says I should call it Holy Mackerel because I shouted it out after the first sip. It's that good.) That really picked up my spirits.

I took Ester to her physical. It poured rain on us. She kicked the doctor. Huzzah!

Savannah (One) and Isabelle (One Month) arrived two hours before they were supposed to, and I didn't have time to make my last juice.

Can I just say: LOLOLOLOLOL!

I realized that there is no way that I am going to be able to make juice tomorrow with the four children. So, I ate tonight: the prettiest vegan chili I ever did see.

I felt like a failure, but I immediately regrouped: hey! wasn't this the same stinkin' thinkin' that told the universe I wanted to have a miserable day?

It sure was!

Instead, I am going to embrace this: I juiced ALL day today, aside from my dinner. I really enjoyed my juices and, to be honest, I didn't feel hungry at all. I know that I am going to start juicing again on Friday and there's NOTHING to be worried about. Everything I was concerned about, such as being hungry and feeling completely sapped of energy, is completely dealable.

This is not a failure. It was a test. If this had been a real failure, it would have been immediately followed by a crumpled mess of boo-hoo's.

No comments: