Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy Independence (from solids) Day!

So, day two.

Let me be really honest: I am so shocked I made it this far. (Again with my preconceptions! Whee!)

Last night, I somehow managed to fight off temptation and ignore the tantalizing wafts of french fries tickling my nose. I had fun at the car races, but mostly because my family had fun. I am not totally digging the whole watching cars go in a circle thing. But hey, it's all about being with your peeps.

This morning, I woke up bright and early at 6 AM. I got up, checked my Facebook, checked my email, and went right back to bed. I fully blame my husband and his amazing snuggleableness. I sincerely believe that man would sleep 18 hours of the day.

We lounged in bed until a bit after 8 when the children finally started rousing after their big night. I made watermelon-nectarine-strawberry juice, which earned the HOLY MACKEREL stamp of approval. Then, I went shopping.

(WARNING: THIS MAY BE KINDA GROSS.)

At Trader Joe's, I realized I needed a bathroom now. No, not in a bit. Now. What came out of my behind was pretty foul smelling, although watery. I courtesy flushed, don't worry.

I came home, did a few chores, then took my bath while I enjoyed a romaine-red leaf lettuce-lime juice. This was good. I find greens to be very centering. Where I chug-a-lug my fruit juices, I sip my green juices slowly.

Then, it was time. (Cue ominous music.) We got ready to go my Aunt's house for a barbeque. I made plum-nectarine-watermelon juice, brought my water, grabbed the pies (not for me!) and joined the fun of the Fourth. The company was fantastic and I got to enjoy the foods through my husband, who dutifully described each to me.

My mood was pretty stable today but, around seven, I became very tired and lethargic. This could have everything to do with my lack of sleep the night before, but it is worth noting.

Around 9, I was still tired and getting a bit of a headache. I rubbed peppermint oil on my hands and inhaled while my husband rubbed my shoulders, and the headache subsided. I have a history of migraines, so I need to nip it in the bud quickly!

It's 10, and I'm feeling very tired but PROUD. Two days! That is so amazing!

No comments: