Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Ease of Peas

Day Four.

If every day could be like day five, a juice fast would be easy peasy.

I woke up refreshed and excited for the new day. I had an overall feeling of calm entering the day, a feeling that never quite left me.

To start the day, I had a celery-honeydew melon juice. I really liked the blend of sweet and salty!

It was gorgeous outside! We went outside, enjoyed the company of the sun and each other. We came back in, and I started my chores. To my surprise, both Daeshaun and Ester pitched in and cleaned their rooms without my asking.

?!?!?WHEN DOES THIS HAPPEN?!?!??!

!!!!!!!!WAHOOO!!!!!!!

Holy Mother, Father, and Child. I could have cried from happiness. A few hours had passed, so I made celery-red chard-carrot juice. I set up my children with a movie, and took my bath. I liked this juice, but used too much carrot. (I used three. Whoops! I guess I was still a little nervous after my green juice disaster yesterday.) About halfway through the juice, I just didn't want anymore. I put the lid on my juice and set it aside. I ended up drinking the rest of the juice about two hours later and was completely satisfied through the entire day.

I usually drink three juices in the day, but yesterday I only needed two. I was a little perplexed by this, but decided to honor my body's signals. I am really becoming in tune with my body and what it needs because of this juice fast.

Tonight was the dreaded night: I cooked dinner. It was a quick and easy dinner of spaghetti. I needed to shop to pick up more greens, so I planned to go shopping during dinner. I cooked, served my family, and left. I realized that I can and do spend special time with them, and it's not a horrible thing for me not to sit at the dinner table right now. It's something I need, and goshdarnitall, I can be selfish.

I went shopping at Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, came home, and enjoyed a wonderful evening with the family when I returned.

The only baddish part of the day came in the wee hours of the morning; 1:30, to be precise. I woke up and peered outside, which was slightly glowing due to the a light turned on by our entry door. I assumed it was the awakening sun, and got up and started bustling around.

For some reason, I got really anxious that I had woken up so early. I went back to bed as soon as I realized my error, but my heart was racing. I closed my eyes, settled into my favorite position and repeated, "I am ready and able to go to sleep." Soon enough, I did. Is that bad, really? I don't think so.

I am so surprised at the ease of day four. I've read that after the third day, your digestive system goes to sleep. I guess this is true!

Yay for the ease of peas! Give peas a chance! (I wonder if peas are good juiced!)

No comments: