Thursday, June 4, 2009

The plan, Stan!

So, when embarking on any new and shiny journey, I like to make a plan. Yes, I totally am one of those people that like to have a to-do list for everything from packing to brushing my teeth. I find a lot of security in preparation, which is immensely important when deciding to do something like NOT EAT for ten whole days.

Oddly, I am not really nervous about my feast. I thought I'd be freaking out about my avocadolessness, but I'm honestly tingling with excitement. I can't wait to pick up my juicer on Saturday. I can't wait to make my first juice. I can't wait to TASTE it! Mmm!

Today, I went to Whole Foods and went BERSERK in the produce section. It amuses me to no end that I used to abhor that side of the store, and now I never leave it. In Connecticut, it is the season o' greens! All sorts of gorgeous lettuce and kale and..and..

..well, I bought a lot. Everything looked so fresh and pretty. I actually had an urge to lay down in the lettuce. They grow lettuce in beds, right? Lettuce beds?! Why not!

So, here are a few recipes I've collected that I will be making over my juice feast:

Green Juices:

1 cup packed spinach leaves
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 rib celery
1/2 cucumber
1 apple
1 piece (1 inch) ginger



1 lemon
1/2 cup parsley
1 rib of celery
2 big handfuls of Spinach
1 piece of peeled ginger
1 medium cucumber
2 apples

1 green or red apple
1/2 head of Romaine lettuce
1 cucumber
3 stalks of celery
Handful of parsley
1/2 large carrot

Fruit:

Honeydew Melon

Orange

Apple

Obviously, the amounts will fluctuate because I need to sneak in a generous amount of greens. There are a few more websites that I am going to collect green juice recipes from, too. HOLY MACKEREL I AM SO EXCITED!

No comments: