Friday, June 26, 2009

Juicing Update!

I.

GOT.

MY.

JUICER.

Wooooooooo! (Yes, I'm a woo girl.) My precious baby is a Super Angel Juicer. There are many advantages of the SAJ. The two main ones that inspired me to save my pennies were the easy cleanup of the twin stainless steel gears and the enzyme-protecting low rpm's. This juicer costs 800-900ish dollars: it is not inexpensive, but my health is worth it.

Luckily, I have been saving since first being introduced to the idea of juicing. Also, I've been watching Ebay and Craig's Lists for a deal. Most of the 'deals' I saw were around 100 dollars off a used juicer; well, that is cheaper, but I would just buy a new one with the warranty rather than save an extra 100 dollars.

Then, it happend! (Cue the angelic choir.)

On We Like It Raw, I noticed an advertisement for an Angel Juicer. It was being sold for $520. Best of all, the young lady selling the juicer lived in NYC! I immediately emailed her, and she graciously returned my email. I decided to pick up the juicer to cut down on shipping costs and also sneak in a visit to a new raw food restaurant in Brooklyn, Rockin' Raw.

We had to change our original pick up date, but it ended up being perfect. We were able to find a sitter for Ester and head out to Brooklyn the day before my birthday. Since that beautiful day, we have been JUICY.

I started out with simple juices. Mmm, honeydew melon.

I started getting fancy. Mmm, watermelon and ginger.

I started getting fancier still! Celery, cucumber, and watermelon. OMG GOOD.

Today, my husband and I are enjoying celery-cucumber-honeydew-carrot. I cannot get Jeremy to drink a green smoothie for the life of me, but he loveloveloves fresh juice. This week, I am going to purchase more greens and start experimenting with green juice. I plan to start my juice feastfast on July 1.

It will last 10 days. Because, yanno, I have ten fingers and ten toes. (Thanks, Anthony!)

I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

<3

No comments: