Monday, May 26, 2008

First blog!

Go first blog, go first blog, go! If you can imagine it, I'm doing the cabbage patch. Well, not really. Whatever. Details, details.

My name is Sarah Hernandez, and today is my very first day (are you ready for it?) 100% raw! Cue trumpets, fanfare, and obligatory cheerleaders. I've decided to go raw for 100 days. 100% raw for 100 days. 100 for 100. Clever, ain't it? I do try.

I have been a vegetarian for about three months; well, not a vegetarian. A junkatarian. Cheese, pasta, pizza, chips'n'dips - these were my steady friends. While I was losing weight, I became increasingly aware of the lack of quality in my food. I like to think of myself as progressive, so I evaluated my choices and make a conscious decision to do better.

A few weeks ago, I came across a YouTube video of Angela Stokes and her experience with raw food. Researching vegan options, I found her AGAIN. All right, universe - I GET IT! I HEAR YOU! I started researching raw food and found Steve Pavlina, and the We Like it Raw community. I was hooked. Everyone who fully embraces the raw diet seems so healthy and vibrant, and I wanted a slice of that all-natural, uncooked pie. So I made the decision to take the proverbial plunge, and here I am - day one: raw foodie.

I will be blogging in greater detail my meals, my nutritional intake, and my health progress because I know there are so many people out there that, like me, have questions. I hope to draw people to this path. It's been amazing so far, and I've just begun.

Mucho love!

No comments: