Thursday, May 29, 2008

100 for 100: Day 4

Oy. I'm really angsty today. Maybe it's because (and pardon me) I haven't taken a crap in 24 hours. I know there's some stuff wanting to come out! Maybe it's because I sat with my family while they ate my favorite cooked vegetarian meal. Who knows!

What I do know is that, although I am strong in my commitment, there are tiny things that are frustrating me. I don't want to quit, I don't want to break my 100%, but there's this little bud of anger inside of me that is rebelling against this change.

I have tried to reach out to my 'real' friends, but they just don't understand what I am doing. Despite the obvious benefits, they feel it is extreme. They talk about the tastes and memories they would miss, and it's hard for me not to do the same. One way I am trying to preserve those memories is to force myself into the 'normal' situations in which those memories were created, like our family dinner time. My husband has been super awesome about making dinner so that I don't have to cook meat or create familiar cooked vegetarian recipes that would entice me, but I still have to watch them eat it! Tonight especially, I felt like a kid outside the window of the candy store. I don't want to eat cooked foods; I only want it because I cannot have them.

Or I perceive I cannot have them. I do have a will. I do have a choice. I am choosing to be healthy. I just can't lose sight of that.

Oy. I'm rambling..sorry!

So, this morning I weighed in at 259, which is .5 down from yesterday and 3.5 down total since going 100% raw. Go me!

Today, I ate:

Breakfast:

Oranges - 490 grams, 240.1 calories, .7 grams fat, 4.5 grams protein

Snack:

Pineapple - 520 grams, 249.6 calories, .6 grams fat, 2.8 grams protein

Lunch:

Salad avec:

Avocado - 140 grams, 224 calories, 20.5 grams fat, 2.8 grams protein
Cucumber - 310 grams, 46.5 calories, .3 grams fat, 2 grams protein
Red Pepper - 220 grams, 57.2 calories, .7 grams fat, 2.2 grams protein
Tomatoes - 220 grams, 39.6 calories, .4 grams fat, 1.9 grams protein
Cilantro - 20 grams, 4.6 calories, .1 grams fat, .4 grams protein


(This was so super huge, it lasted me into a late afternoon snack.)

Dinner:

Fluffy smoothie:

Spinach - 130 grams, 29.9 calories, .5 grams fat, 3.7 grams protein
Banana - 470 grams, 418.3 calories, 1.6 grams fat, 5.1 grams protein

Totals - 1310 calories, 25 grams fat (eesh, that's high!), 25 grams protein

Well, I got more calories but I need to watch that fat! Darn those avocados!

<3!

1 comment:

badash said...

OH MY GOSH I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND!

thats why i turned to GIVE IT TO ME RAW . COM!!!

because none of my friends really understand, and hardly anyone really supports me without worrying and saying im not getting protein.



and thats why you have online friends. If you ever feel like this again, please comment me and i'll talk you through it!