Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Smoocing!

Recently, I've felt extremely drawn to juicing. Hours upon hours have been dedicated to researching juicers; which is the best, and which is most cost appropriate. I thought I had decided on a Breville, but several close friends told me they have difficulty yielding a high amount of juice from their greens. If I was going on a fruit juice diet, that would be great - but it is my intention to do a high green juice feast! Back to the drawing board!

After talking with quite a few people that have done juice feasts and own a juicer, I've decided that I want an Angel Juicer 3500. The only drawback is it costs approximately 900 dollars and, well, I don't have 900 dollars quite yet. I have decided to tuck away $300 bucks a month for my juicer, but I still really, really wanted to juice.

I can't juice quite yet but I can smooce! Smooce? Smoocing is feasting upon smoothies! I have been taking in a pound to two pounds of greens a day while smoocing. This is my second smooce feast - the first lasted 24 hours and it was a breeze! I am going for 48 hours this time around. I have been alternating between kale and spinach smoothies. Mmmm.

I love kale, but it's definitely a bit gloppier than spinach. My baby spinach gives me a nice, smooth drink with little fiber grains. Kale is good because it reminds me to chew!

I may purchase nut milk bags and strain them, but right now - I'm really digging the smooce! If you're looking for a good way to get more organic greens in your diet, try it out!

1 comment:

badash said...

Whenever I feel like i eat too many nuts, my body calls out to smoocing! Green smoocing, that is. =)

Actually right now I am drinking a green smoothie for breakfast! I love spinach. My dad bought me a HUUUGE boxish thing of it and its monstrous... i'm having difficulty eating it all. The other day I ate so much spinach that I felt high. My friend told me it was probably an iron high. LOL.

anyways thats funny that your professor even asked you. What did you tell him!?