Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Numnums in my Tumtum.

I had a very successful juice feast! I ended it a day early - 9 days, all juice, all awesome! Remember the lesson I learned? Listen.

On the 9th day, my body needed food. No, my body was DEMANDING food. I knew what cravings felt like, and this was not a craving. I broke my fast, and ate. And ate. And ate. Surprisingly, I didn't feel like the utter shit every single blog cautioned I would if I ate too much after breaking my fast.

You know why?

I was pregnant.

I am pregnant!

At first, I was completely freaked out because I was doing all the early no-no's of pregnancy: ingesting lemon and peppermint essential oil, drinking around 500 calories a day, eventually drinking wine, so on and so forth. I had missed a period but thought it normal with the stress of having my godson for two weeks, José coming to live with us, and Ester's adoption. I went to my OBGYN for regular scheduled maintenance and, SUPRISE! I'm pregnant.

I've had an interesting pregnancy so far, and I'm BIG. Holy moly. Right now, I am 18 weeks preggo. It took me a while to fully embrace the pregnancy after miscarrying my first child (more on that later), but I'm in full crazy happy mama mode now.

Anyways, yay!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Holy crow! Congratulations on getting pregnant lovely lady!!! I am so excited for you!

Sarah said...

Thank you!!! Tuesday, I'll officially be at the halfway mark. 20 weeks down, 20 to go. Woot!

badash said...

CONGRATS! Hows it going? HOW ARE YOU?!!??!