Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fasting vs. Feasting

I've been a raw vegan for a year now. In that time, I've been an avid lover of Give It To Me Raw and We Like It Raw. The blog and community support is unparalleled, in my experience. I have thoroughly enjoyed Raw Fu, but there is something about GI2MR that keeps me coming back. Perhaps I am just a loyalist; it was my first raw vegan community network, after all.

While reading the many posts at GI2MR, I've noticed differing opinions on whether to call this process a juice fast or a juice feast. Usually, people who call it a juice fast also dislike the use of words like 'rawkin' or 'rawsome' or any other cutsiepoo word to describe our lifestyle. While I respect their opinion and right to use the words they choose, I feel that the word 'feast' conveys what I want to experience.

I want this to be love, joyous, harmony, life, and brilliance.

This will be vibrance. My cells will dance. My cells will feast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, that's is exactly what I want to experience. Hi, I'm new to this lifestyle and will call it a feast instead of fasting. I am transition slowly and only doing half a day. However, I am feeling the difference and feel more energetic. Im tryin to educating myself by reading about the topic but would love more feed back and recipes...thank you