Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Raw and Essential Oils

For quite some time, I have not wanted to take medication. I do take an extremely low (10 milligram) dose of Lexapro, which I would like to eventually wean myself off. Otherwise, I have not taken any other medication - no aspirin, no Tums, no excedrin migraine, no nothing. I used to get migraine headaches that would knock me out for 2-3 days. I was a little nervous to not take medication the first time I felt my migraine coming, but I quickly got a bag of ice and put it on the back of my neck and rested. I cannot express to you how amazing it felt that I was in CHARGE of my body. I did not need some weird medication that usually knocks me out and renders me useless for my family; I just needed a little ice and good old fashion rest.

One of the benefits of essential oils is relieving the aches, pains, groans, and complaints of your body. I have started my research, and been very surprised at what I've seen. I am constantly amazed, always muttering, "Why didn't I know this SOONER?"

Life can be simple. Did you know that? We don't have to hustle and bustle and overmedicate with pharmaceuticals and food and drugs and alchohol. We can simply BE. Essential oils are the beginning of my path - my journey to simplicity.

So far, I've been enjoying reading all I can on lavendar. Maybe tonight or tomorrow I will post some of my findings. I am also going to poke the brains of a few individuals that already use oils, and hope they have wisdom to share.

I'm about 50-75% raw at this point, and I am fine with that. I will up it soon.

1 comment:

badash said...

i dont understand how a liver flush would work.... can you post a link?????



and YES good for you about stopping meds... I used to take ADHD meds (that also helped my depression) and my best friend helped me get off of them about 3 years ago and it changed my life!

now i'm "DOWN WITH PILLS" and never ever ever ever take them for ANY REASON.

there are natural ways to cure EVERYTHING, i believe!!!!!!!